Take a look around your home. What are the special things about it that give it character? What do people comment on? An antique stained-glass window? An amazing fireplace? A high-tech faucet? Memorable features like these give your home character and they are the things that make buyers fall in love with a home when it comes time to sell.
Did you know that a good rule of thumb is that for each 500 square feet of home, you should have one special, memorable feature? For example, a 2500 square foot home should include five special items that give the home character.
If you look around your home and can’t find enough special things for your square footage, here are some ideas to get the creative ball rolling:
- Custom shelving around the fireplace
- Upgraded laundry room with baskets and shelves
- A chandelier that makes a statement
- Kitchen backsplash with amazing tile
- Backyard entertaining area with built-in BBQ or gas firepit
- Art alcove
- Antique built-ins such as a reclaimed pantry door
- Pot fill faucet behind the stovetop
- Built-in breakfast nook
- A stone veneer wall or some other textural treatment such as shiplap or wood mosaic
- Bowl sink in a bathroom
- Steam shower option in the master
- Smart home features such as Ring or self-closing blinds
- Outdoor accent lighting
- Stamped concrete hardscapes
- Epoxied garage floor
- Garage storage solutions
- Wine fridge
- Wine cellar or storage
- Hot tub
- Laundry chute
- Heated bathroom floor
- Pull-out storage for stand mixer
- Beamed ceiling
- Secret storage such as a wall safe behind a painting
- A big window strategically placed to let in light or take advantage of a view
This list includes both big dollar items but also small improvements you can make that really give your home character. I know you will appreciate the changes now but your buyers will also enjoy them when it is time to sell. I would like to talk with you more about your plan to add character and special features.
courtesy of the LONES GROUP https://www.thelonesgroup.com/
Give me a call, text, or email: (206) 595-8267 or email@example.com.